You will feel immediately at home in this cozy, bright and fully furnished 1-bedroom corner-apartment (80) divided over two top floors. The apartment is situated on the corner of Gerard Doustraat and De Frans Halsstraat, in the heart of the neighborhood called de PIJP (Old South), also known as the Quartier Latin or Soho of Amsterdam. After a few days of living in this neighborhood, you will feel like a part of the community. This apartment combines the authentic atmosphere of this village-like neighborhood together with the quality and comfort of a nicely decorated apartment. Don’t miss this opportunity.
This neighborhood is popular by Amsterdammers and expats alike.
For daily facilities, you have a choice of various supermarkets and local shops. There are many shops within walking distance on Ferdinand Bolstraat, Ceintuurbaan and of course the well-known Albert Cuypmarkt.
For sports and relaxation, you can enjoy the beautiful Sarphatipark or use the many sports facilities, restaurants and bars in the area. The Museum District is within walking distance and you can reach the historic canal belt in less than 5 minutes by bike!
There are excellent connections to public transport (NZ line, tram, and bus). The Central Station, Amstel Station, and Amsterdam South Station are easily accessible. The stop of the North-South metro line is a 5-minute walk away. You can reach the A10 ring road within 10 minutes by car.
You are 15 minutes away from the international Business Centre, the “Zuidas” - “Zuid / WTC” with a direct connection to Schiphol and Central Station.
You willenjoy the lively heart of De Pijp, one of the two most trendy neighborhoods of the city. Metro station around the corner, and everything else imaginable right at your fingertips.
Guaranteed you'll feel at home the moment you peek inside! Also bright, spacious, high quality and full of convenient perks... at a truly unique location. Plus, this house is optimized for waking up refreshed, and for comfort & efficiency! See below for details.
OPTIMIZED FOR WAKING UP REFRESHED
- COMFORTABLE, super kingsize bed, great mattress, light & fluffy goose down duvets, luxury bedding
- DARK, black-out curtains make the room pitch dark, or as dark as you wish. Subtle, motion-sensing amber lights under the bed illuminate your path if you need to get out.
- OXYGEN-RICH, an abundance of oxygen is pumped into the bedroom throughout the night.
- CLEAN AIR, that air is filtered just before entering the room, making it free of chemicals, fine particles, and contaminants. Filters pollen too, ideal for hay fever season!
- HUMIDITY-CONTROLLED, humidity is kept in the optimal range throughout the night. Don't wake up groggy during those dry days when low-humidity air comes from the continent, especially common around the winter season.
- QUIET, exceptionally quiet for a city apartment. Already located on a quiet corner, but with an abundance of clean air pumped in, the windows can stay closed too.
- LOW-EMF, besides clean air, there is remarkably little EMF while sleeping. A demand switch automatically unpowers the wires when the last light is switched off, and automatically powers them on again when turning on a light. Similarly, wifi is also switched off during sleep. Give your nervous system a break during those vital hours of the day!
- SUNDOWN, with warm, pleasant, lighting throughout the house, free of blue light, chances are you'll feel naturally sleepy at the appropriate hour.
- SUNRISE, a Philips wake-up light simulates a sunrise. Wake up each day before the alarm!
OPTIMIZED FOR COMFORT & EFFICIENCY
- WEEKLY CLEANING, our excellent cleaner is lovely, comes every week, uses healthy cleaning supplies (included), and can iron too if you wish (not included)
- QUIET, zero noise from neighbors, not even footsteps.
- COOL & BRIGHT, lush green leaves keep it cool in summer, while still letting and abundance of natural light in through the many windows.
- PLEASANT, spacious, homey, with excellent furniture for kicking back, hosting a dinner party, working from home, or anything else really.
- ZERO HASSLE, high quality and in an excellent state of maintenance, everything just works. Just in case, fast response if an issue arises, taken care of professionally.
- SONOS, whole-house Sonos sound system with Apple Airplay, Fantastic sound everywhere, streamed effortlessly from your phone.
- CLEAN WATER, whole house water filter, 3-stage with brand new filters. You'll be amazed by the brownish dirt that's caught from our should-be clean tapwater within weeks! It also filters residue from birth control, medicines and industrial, agricultural and other chemicals that are only filtered to acceptable regulatory levels by utility companies.
- POWER INTERNET, blazing fast, super stable, both wired + wifi. Wifi is optimized for the lowest possible EMF while retaining maximum performance and stability.
- GOOD WATER PRESSURE, unlike most apartments in the historic neighborhoods, water pressure is good thanks to a pressure booster.
- ENTERTAINING, Apple TV with Netflix and most complete (digital) cable package with 80+ channels, additional sports channels + extra pack for thousands of movies + top series.
- FULLY EQUIPED KITCHEN, high-end appliances including an oven, plenty of cutlery, high-quality pans, utensils, good sharp knives.
- PEACEFUL COOKING, a cooking hood that is both quiet and powerful.
- QUOOKER, instant boiling water straight from the tap.
- LAUNDRY, high-end Miele washing machine, or outsource to the laundry store across the street.
TRULY UNIQUE LOCATION
- CHARMING, in heart of popular De Pijp district, in one of the most charming streets of the city.
- FUN, CONVENIENT, countless restaurants, terraces, stores, boutiques, traiteurs, you name it... everything you need is right around the corner.
- QUIET, situated on a quiet corner that hardly sees any traffic or activity, while all the action is just 50m away
- SPORTS NEARBY, wonderful park nearby + many small gyms (incl HIIT), yoga studios, spinning studios, fitness centers, you name it, all within a 5-10 min radius.
- SUBWAY NEARBY, the metro station is just around the corner (3 mins to platform). Just 5 mins to a central station, via 2 stops in the center and onwards to the upcoming Noord district. Or 5 mins to Station Zuid incl Zuidas office district, via RAI convention center, with various transit options including direct metro lines to all other office districts and direct trains to Schiphol Airport (20 mins total trip).
- OTHER TRANSPORT NEARBY, short walk to several trams stops, for any direction in the city.
- BICYCLE-FRIENDLY, centrally located for all other neighborhoods (cycle anywhere in 15 mins or less). Nice bikes are available on request.
- CAR-FRIENDLY, very quick motorway access for all directions, hyper-modern underground parking garage around the corner (2 mins walk to the entrance). Just 20 mins by car or taxi/Uber to Schiphol Airport.
Zoek je een geschikte school in de buurt van de Gerard Doustraat in Amsterdam?